Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands.
We own Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Speedo, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in other companies such as Hunter, Butterfly Twists, Heidi Klein and Tracksmith.
We’re a third-generation, family-owned business – and we retain strong family values. We care about people, and that’s what drives our day-to-day work. This year the Great Place to Work® Institute recognised Pentland Brands the 11th Best Workplace in the UK and the 16th Best Workplace in Europe. Our global headquarters is in the UK and we employ 2,000 people across 20 countries around the world.
We believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability - generation after generation. The Pentland values are at the heart of what we do and how we interact with the world around us.
For further information, please visit www.pentland.com.
Key Purpose of Job:
As part of the Active Division Sports Marketing team, you will lead the development & alignment of the global Sports Marketing strategy across Swim to ensure that the brands plans & objectives are being delivered.
Establish & own the goals & objective for each of our EMEA sponsored teams and athletes and ensure they are being delivered by working closely with the brand planning & activation teams & managing regular updates to ensure each department is delivering against the strategic plans, KPIS & milestones.
Protect Speedo’s position as the leader in Competitive and identify new and innovative ways to maximise our sponsorship portfolio / spend to engage with our current & future consumers.
· Identify and secure the right size and shape of the EMEA sponsorship portfolio focusing on the priority markets.
· Lead the delivery of Sports Marketing in EMEA as part of the Speedo Sports Marketing team & align and inspire the Speedo International teams.
· Drive and develop sports marketing strategy and processes in the region.
· Collaboration with Athletes and Coaches on contractual appearances, managing events to ensure Speedo has maximum exposure on local, national and International platforms.
· Determine and drive sports marketing best practice to utilise both local and international sports marketing opportunities to deliver greater consumer engagement with the Speedo brand.
· To work cross functionally with the Sports Marketing and Customer team in the region to identify business growth activities.
· Ensure the Sports Marketing team are working cross functionally to deliver the agreed brand plans.
· Accountable for Europe sports marketing budget management and maximising our ROI.
· Leading and managing the development of the sports marketing strategy in Europe in line with Global strategy.
· Act as the key point of contact and authority of Europe sports marketing within the business.
· Build and manage relationships with the key partners to understand market needs and requirements.
· Ensure sports marketing delivery is aligned with business needs and delivers commercially.
· Drive the leverage of current assets through PR and experiential, digital and retail activities in line brand strategy
· Build and manage relationships with existing sponsorship partners to deliver return on investment in line with brand strategy.
· Develop, build and manage relationships with national aquatic sports governing bodies and associations, athletes, coaches and athlete managers and key influencers within the region.
· Identify European talent (athletes, multisport ambassadors and celebrities)
· Question and challenge the current portfolio and ensure Speedo stays competitive in the pool and maximises the current investment.
· OTG support across the major World Championships / World Cups to ensure we are delivering best in class service to our federations / athletes.
Needs to have
· Strong commercial and brand leadership with extensive understanding of competitive Swim.
· In-depth experience of sports marketing and sponsorship.
· Experience within the Sports industry.
· Relationship building & networking (skills & personality)
· Proven ability to manage and deliver multiple, complex projects on time and in full.
· Excellent project management, strategic, organizational and planning skills.
· Experience of sponsorship strategies & how to maximize sponsorship investments (ROI).
· Experience of contract initiation, coordination & completion with teams and individual ambassadors.
· Proven track record with robust experience of working in international brands.
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to work across a broad range of functional areas (interpersonal and influencing)
· Strong presentation & communication skills.
· Strong analytical approach to the business.
Needs to be
· An ambassador for Speedo & Pentland.
· Highly motivated, independent and able to work on own initiative to deliver results in tight deadlines.
· A Team player who prides themselves on collaboration.
· A strong planner who is able to move from high level strategy to detailed activation planning.
· An expert on sponsorship across competitive Swim.
· Flexible in their working hours and be available to work non - social hours and travel globally.