Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands.
We own Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Speedo, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in other companies such as Hunter, Butterfly Twists, Heidi Klein and Tracksmith.
We’re a third-generation, family-owned business – and we retain strong family values. We care about people, and that’s what drives our day-to-day work. This year the Great Place to Work® Institute recognised Pentland Brands the 11th Best Workplace in the UK and the 16th Best Workplace in Europe. Our global headquarters is in the UK and we employ 2,000 people across 20 countries around the world.
We believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability - generation after generation. The Pentland values are at the heart of what we do and how we interact with the world around us.
For further information, please visit www.pentland.com.
Key Purpose of Job:
To assist in the implementation of brand plans and marketing activity, supporting the team to ensure effective delivery of activity to help achieve short and long-term sales, profit and brand KPI targets.
· Supporting the Senior / Brand Manager on the development and execution of marketing activity.
· Co-ordination of marketing activity execution.
· Ensuring that marketing assets are effectively stored (and destroyed when required) and distributed in the most effective way to other teams (internal and external) that require them.
· Management and control of dedicated budget including identification of projects to drive efficiency.
· Support international partners through communication of best practices across all key markets.
· Support in the planning and execution of launches/conferences.
· Lead on producing seasonal materials such as catalogues.
· The cross-functional team that delivers the brands plans; direct in-brand teams (product manager and design), group capabilities (e.g. Insights, Innovation, Sales & Planning, Digital, Shopper Marketing), group services (e.g. Creative Agency) and key external agency partners.
· Colleagues across other key functional teams (e.g. Supply Chain, HR, Finance).
Needs to have
· Previous experience in a branded business or marketing agency.
· A passion for consumers, marketing and building brands.
· Good communication skills with an able to present in a concise manor across all formats.
Needs to be
· Action Focussed; able to get things done at pace to a high quality
· Passionate and positive. Wanting to progress with a ‘can do’ approach to work and problem solving.
· Able to proactively search, identify and offer up ideas and solutions
· Adaptable; able to switch onto different initiatives quickly when the need arises
Measures of success
· Proactively contributing within a brand team that is delivering against its KPIs (
· Visible increase in the teams’ efficiency and effectiveness through smooth ownership of specific projects
· All projects are delivered on time, on budget and to a high level
· Measurable demonstration of the drive to learn and develop