Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands.
We own Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Speedo, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in other companies such as Hunter, Butterfly Twists, Heidi Klein and Tracksmith.
We’re a third-generation, family-owned business – and we retain strong family values. We care about people, and that’s what drives our day-to-day work. This year the Great Place to Work® Institute recognised Pentland Brands the 11th Best Workplace in the UK and the 16th Best Workplace in Europe. Our global headquarters is in the UK and we employ 2,000 people across 20 countries around the world.
We believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability - generation after generation. The Pentland values are at the heart of what we do and how we interact with the world around us.
For further information, please visit www.pentland.com.
Key Purpose of Job:
The role supports the delivery of our ecommerce revenue, owning a specific site trading calendar and co-ordinates across teams to ensure that the channels and assets are supporting the delivery of the sales line.
* Shares ownership of a specific brand or site trading calendar, that details daily and weekly activity to drive the revenue line with a clear understanding of the visitors and conversion needed to deliver the targets.
* Provides input to the briefing process for seasonal campaigns to ensure that the channels and content will support the delivery of the ecommerce revenue.
* Utilises data to plan and adjust the trading calendar, communicating with other teams to ensure that the trading calendar is always considered.
* Works closely with Demand Planning & Merchandising to ensure trading activity is supported by appropriate stock availability. Also ensures slow moving stock has a clear plan in place to drive rate of sale, e.g. onsite merchandising, inputting to email calendar
* Owns the onsite merchandising and searchandising to ensure maximum visibility of seasonal and core stock to drive sell through.
* Manage the effective setup of promotions and offers, and assist with price changes e.g. new season or sale
* Supports the updating of stock and offers on marketplaces
* Ensures regional or geographic sites have a clear plan reflecting local trading and supporting regional marketing initiatives.
* Inputs to weekly customer service brief that allows customer service to understand onsite activity to better serve our consumers.
* Assist with onsite merchandising and mass load production
Needs to have
* Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
* Ecommerce experience
* Basic planning experience
* Experience of using data packages e.g. SAP BW, Google Analytics. Including excel experience
* Experience and understanding of merchandising principles would be beneficial
* Understanding of the drivers of sales and digital marketing channels
* Use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Fluent German Speaker is desirable
Needs to be
* Creative and analytical to form plans and use data to drive performance
* A team player
* Flexible to work across multiple brands and support other teams when needed