Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands.
We own Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Speedo, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Karen Millen and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in other companies such as Endura, Hunter, Butterfly Twists, Heidi Klein and Tracksmith.
We’re a third-generation, family-owned business – and we retain strong family values. We care about people, and that’s what drives our day-to-day work. Last year the Great Place to Work® Institute recognised Pentland Brands the 11th Best Workplace in the UK and the 16th Best Workplace in Europe. Our global headquarters is in the UK and we employ 2,000 people across 20 countries around the world.
We believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability - generation after generation. The Pentland values are at the heart of what we do and how we interact with the world around us.
For further information, please visit www.pentland.com.
Key Purpose of Job:
To create compelling apparel design solutions for the Swimming category. Responsible for delivering consumer led design solutions which align to the brand DNA and seasonal creative direction under guidance from the Creative Lead and Apparel Design Lead.
• In collaboration with the Brand Creative Lead, responsible for delivering design solutions against Brand seasonal creative direction and product briefs, whilst maintaining Brand DNA and VBL
• Contribute in the creation of seasonal creative direction, trend overviews, colour and mood boards
• Deliver consumer focused designs aligned with allocated category and/or range direction, and which achieve commercial targets
• Incorporate consumer and concept testing feedback, throughout design process to ensure NPD is aligned with target consumer needs
• Deliver coloured CAD's which are consumer focused, trend led and commercial designs aligned with allocated category merchandising
• Push creative boundaries whilst delivering against commercial opportunities
• Responsible for delivering allocated designs as needed based on seasonal or brand workload, from concept through CAD work, colour overviews, technical specifications and updates, to upload into PLM (or similar), on time against the seasonal C2C deadlines
• Contribute, as required, to updating and maintaining Visual Brand Identity aligned to brand positioning and DNA
• Deliver designs in a clear and concise format and present at design reviews, with detailed renderings and technical specifications in the required format in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
• Actively participate in prototype reviews ensuring design integrity is maintained
• Support Innovation Team and Development Team to deliver design and colour specifications on time and at key stage gates in the product creation process
• Actively research the market and trends, looking further than immediate scope of work and produce detailed reports following each research visit
• Any other activities commensurate with the level of this role
Needs to have
Needs to be
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.